Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dental acrylic-backed labret studs?

I dislike the harshness of steel-backed labrets against gums and teeth. My piercer was telling me of a type of jewelry that has dental acrylic or acrylic (also known as lucite) backed jewelry, but with a steel or titanium post.


I'm having difficulty finding these, and wonder if it would even be a viable option in the first place. Has anyone else heard of these, and could someone forward me a link to a site I could buy them from?





Thanks! Dental acrylic-backed labret studs?
Dental Acrylic is not the same as lucite. Lucite is normal, porous acrylic (harbors bacteria). Dental Acrylic is non-porous and is what implant teeth and the like are made out of.





Dental Acrylic labret studs are harder to find. I'd suggest Bioplast.


http://www.bodyartforms.com/products.asp鈥?/a> Dental acrylic-backed labret studs?
I'm sorry, but this answer was of no help at all.





I am fully aware of what dental acrylic and typical acrylic materials are, and how they differ. I am also aware of what bioplast is, and obviously, it does not suit my needs, or I would not have asked for help finding dental acrylic. Continued

Report Abuse



I have bought from BAF many times before, and they simply do not have the product I need.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment