Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Do you think a 13 year old girl should get acrylics?

I'm just wondering. Do you think a 13 year old girl is too young? Also do acrylics ruin your nails? I need everyones honest opinionDo you think a 13 year old girl should get acrylics?
I have a friend that let her 13 yr old get them, she looked cheap and like she was trying to hard.





There is no reason that a 13 yr old needs them, keep them out of your mouth, take some Biotin (may help) and paint them some funky colors yourself! There are some great top coats on the market that make changing your colors everyday, fast and easy!





They will ruin your nails. They are glued on, then also sanded down. Once they come off, the take more layers with the glue. Then you have weak, peeling and very sensitive nails.





Stick with nail polish at home, Wet N Wild is one of the cheapest brands on the market, but is one of the favorites of nail addicts!!!!Do you think a 13 year old girl should get acrylics?
I'm 15, and a lot of my friends have them, 'cause it kinda looks tidier and makes your nails look good n everything. Personally, I hate them, I don't have them, instead I get french manicures every week. I just think they look fake and horrible and uncouth (my mom is very british and is still in that tea and biscuits era, sooo I kinda inherited her views, but still). And they do ruin your nails, once you take them off, your nails are like really really really thin, and they break really easily.


If I were you, I'd just get the manicure done every week or so ;)
i dont necessarily think you're too young, but i dont think fake nails look good on anyone. i tried wearing them a few times but they just annoyed the crap out of me and i they didnt look all that great. and it wasnt because i had them on wrong because i got them done at a salon. Also, I had a friend when i was 13 who got acrylics put on every 2 weeks. she spent over 40 dollars a month on her nails! and everyone just thought she looked really fake.





So basically what i'm saying is dont get them. They look dumb, they're expensive and yes, they do ruin your nails. Just wear your nails short and paint them. they'll look cuter that way.
My boyfriends 11 year old cousin just got her nails done for the first time, it's really no big deal. And they ruin your nails for about a month if you rip them off, but mine are fine now, I just decided I didnt want to deal with the pain of ripping them off when I was sick of them.
i dont think anyone should get fake nails





Do it on a special day if you need to.





I got GEL nails, which are suppose to be a bit better, never had acrylics before before either. Anyway lasted 2 months, and 2 months for my nails to get back to normal! Wasnt worth it. They damage your nails really badly
I think it is too young and yes they will ruin your nails I had them for a long time and my nails still are not as thick and strong as they used to be I regret getting them ! they are cute and nice to have but the aftermath is annoying!
No way.





Yes they do ruin your nails and also they cost *a lot* of money to keep up, don't do it, just take care of your nails and use a natural coloured nail vanish to give them a nice shine :)
Yes 13 is to young my sister was 13 and since 13 is younger her hands were little and they looked so big and stupid i dont think you should just paint them a pretty color wait till your older for that like 15
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
just know once you start you cant stop

No comments:

Post a Comment