Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fabric Paint vs Acrylic paint?

If i want to paint for my shirt and i want it to be permanent last for at least 2 to 3 years before it start fade away. Which paint should i choose? If possible please tell me the reasons. ThankYouFabric Paint vs Acrylic paint?
I have hand painted shirts myself. I used Folk Art acrylics. I also added textile medium to the paint on the palette before applying the paint to the shirt. The shirts I have done have lasted years. One thing I do, though, is I don't throw the painted shirts in the clothes dryer - I hang them dry. It keeps the paint from drying and flaking. I also turn painted clothing inside out if I do throw it in the dryer. The paint will not come into contact with the hot interior of the dryer which will make it flake and peel.Fabric Paint vs Acrylic paint?
A lot of shirts I've seen that use fabric paint start to deteriorate after a semishort while, like 6-8 months or so. I haven't used acrylics for shirts, but I have for canvas. You can thin them out, or use them thickly, but the reason I think they would be better is because you can also use them as screenprint ink. THey're also waterproof when dry and mostly permanent, at least in paintings. Do yourself a favor and buy some good acrylics, like Liquitex Basics. It's what professional artists use.

No comments:

Post a Comment