Thursday, February 11, 2010

I am considering getting acrylic/gel fingernails this weekend at a classy salon. Bad idea??

No real reason for doing it except i think it looks nice with a french manicure and it would make me feel pretty. also, i think it would be nice to scratch my boyfriends back for him. also think it looks sexy. but, i had it a long time ago (ten plus years ago) and i know it destroys your nails and gets expensive - so i think i will only do it for summertime and take them off in october... dumb idea??I am considering getting acrylic/gel fingernails this weekend at a classy salon. Bad idea??
As a former nail tech, I would advise that you think carefully about having this done. As you mentioned, there is the upkeep, expense, and time for your natural nails to recover. A better idea would be to spend less money and have your natural nails done weekly with a french manicure. There are products that promote the strength and growth of nails. If you decide you can't live without them, gel nails are not as harsh on your natural nails; however, they require the same upkeep and still cause damage to the natural nails. Acrylic and gel nails can leave permanent damage, such as dips in the nailbeds.I am considering getting acrylic/gel fingernails this weekend at a classy salon. Bad idea??
Yes it is--my daughter was doing it regularly--and had to have her nails removed surgically--the real ones. Acrylics tear off the layers of your natural nails.
well the nails aren't going to last that long anyways.


Natural is cuter.
I do it for me. It makes me feel good and I think my nails look awful with out them. If they make you feel good, go for it!
If i was you i would go to the classy salon and have them shaped.Or is it a bad idea?HUM then you can get a manicure to for the cost of less.And still have them real.But if it makes you feel pretty go for it .
No, as long as you take them off with a pro. NEVER do it yourself. I have had them about 5 years and wouldnt dream of taking them off.
Acrylic nails can be pretty, but also costly to be kept up with. I normally only get them during the fall, winter, and spring. During summer, most people are in pools and jacuzzi's. The water makes them incredibly soft and breakable. You'll be at the salon possibly once a week getting them fixed.
no, not if you like them. I know a lot of people that have had them multiple times and their nails arent destroyed. they might not be as strong as other people's nails, but they are functional =]

No comments:

Post a Comment