Thursday, February 11, 2010

What's the best acrylic brand?

All are pretty good they have different uses I use Duncan acrylics I am a ceramic artist but find they work well on most surfaces They blend and water wash well


Just my own preference You just need to have a reliable supplier then try many techniques with that I have had so many suppliers for all different brands close down then it is hard to get so I also use all my left overs but not on anything I wish to duplicate the design I hate running out and not finishing the jobWhat's the best acrylic brand?
Windsor %26amp; Newton


LiquitexWhat's the best acrylic brand?
No other brand even comes close to Golden.





It costs a little more than Graham or Liquitex but Liquitex is way over-priced anyway. Graham would be my second choice.
I hate golden....!.


but it all matters on what you are trying to achieve and if you want to use a full body paint........I strongly prefer liquitex...but then again I've mastered liquitex and don't like the colors I get with mixing golden.....so it's all a matter of what you develop a preference for... There is no true answer....it's like asking if you prefer coke over pepsi...it's all a matter of choice!
very simple, Golden.
The two kinds of acrylic paint that is favored by fine artists is liquitex and golden. Golden probably being the best. It has the best color fastness and pigment saturation.


good luck


http://www.piotrwolodkowicz.com


most of my paintings are oil or oil over acrylic, but when the winter comes and the ventilating the studio gets tough , acrylics become the medium of choice.
Winsor and newton





http://www.winsornewton.com/
Schmincke





http://www.schmincke.de/data/content/uk/鈥?/a>
Golden is what I consider the premier brand of acrylic, however if you don't want to pay Golden prices, you may want to go Liquitex or Winsor and Newton. If you want the best, professional grade is the way to go, but depending on what you're wanting to achieve you can probably get away with using student grade in some colors, or even exclusively at first. Chroma makes a great student-grade acrylic called A2 that I've found rivals some professional grade brands of the same colors in workability. The main problem you're going to run into with student grade paint is that the palette is much more limited (meaning fewer colors to choose from). You may also notice that the pigment strength isn't quite as strong, but again that varies from color to color and brand to brand. Remember that not all colors are the same in different brands, and in some cases, may even vary from tube to tube! Your best bet assuming you're just starting out is to play with small amounts of a few different brands and colors and see what works for you. I'm a professional and I use several different brands of acrylic depending on the results I'm looking for. My palette has developed slowly over time. What works fabulously for one artist may not work at all for another. Unfortunately there's no absolute answer. Just get out there and experiment! Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment