Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tumble dry sweater? 40% acrylic 60% cotton?

Is it okay to dry this in my dryer or will it get ruined? (I am not worried about shrinking, I just don't wanted it to damage the sweater). Or should I air-dry it every time?Tumble dry sweater? 40% acrylic 60% cotton?
You can use low heat or air dry if you have that setting if you are unsure.





I sometimes crochet with 100% acrylic yarn and always wash my items on warm and tumble dry on regular heat setting. It make the acrylic soft and I have never had a problem with shrinkage or with anything getting ruined.Tumble dry sweater? 40% acrylic 60% cotton?
I would not recommend drying it in the dryer. I have had my sweaters not only shrink a little but they became mis-shaped and short. Always air dry or take to a dry cleaners.
You might be able to dry it. I probably would, if you do be sure to dry it on a low heat/ gentle setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment