Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oh my gosh. acrylic nails ruined my natrul nails?

I had acrylics for about 5 weeks. I just took them off like 10 min ago. My natrual nails look like crap. I am like oh my gosh. What can I do to help them grow out. I went to a really good salon that uses the EMA acrylic not MMA acrylic but it still f'd up my nails. What should I do? HELPOh my gosh. acrylic nails ruined my natrul nails?
I had this exact problem a few years ago and I will never get those nails again. They ate my real nails up. With a fungus and bumps and dis colored on every one. Some were worse than others. Especially my thumb nails. I was told by an infectious disease Dr. that I would lose my nails...They looked awful. i had told my person my nails were kinds hurting....he said they were fine and kept going over them every week.......Till I finally had them removed and couldn't believe what I saw.....I was put on a script of Lamisil Pill....which AFTER my insurance paid their part.....Were still very expensive.....Still I ended up using Lamisil Cream on a regular basis. It helped me a lot. I had to use it for a long time.....Within a year my nails started doing better. The Dr. was very surprised. NOW.....since I started taking B12 vitamins every day. My hair AND nails are growing beautifully. especially my nails....Which I polish and take care of all by myself......o I recommend B12 and Lamisil Cream......Your nails will be fine.Oh my gosh. acrylic nails ruined my natrul nails?
never use again complain to salon or ask salon if they know any products that would medicate your nails!
By some natural nail products and never get the the fake nails again cause they messed up my nails 2.They have somenail stuff u paint on and its clear and its clear,but it helps the nails 2 grow.
You will have to let them grow out. Trim them as they grow. Once all that part that was ever under acrylic surface is gone they will be OK again. Salons usually roughen up the surface of the nail in order for the acrylic to stay better. So you'll have to wait till that grows out. The good news is that nails recover pretty well. You can carefully buff them now, but make sure you don't buff them too hard because now they are pretty thin.
it depends how you took them off you should have let your nails soak in nail polish remover until they came off in the liquid


now you just have to let them be their gonna be fragile and just go get a manicure theyll help you alittle





i would say dont get any acrylic nails because if you have them on to long you get a fongus underneath them on your nail
taking prenatal vitamins will help both your hair and your nails grow strong and healthy. they might make you naucious tho...
this is because acrylics only do damage to your nails, which will only start a vicious cycle of using them to cover up your nails. I'd suggest getting a manicure every 2 weeks or so, it's much healthier
I had the same problem and I used a buffing shining nail file and then I put nail harden on.
then either stop gettin acrylic or go to a salon that uses MMA acrylic...duh
Happens to me all the time, they will go back to normal....well at least mine always do! I take hair, nail, and skin vitamins and those seem to do the trick. I also put so polish on them to strengthen them and help them to grow! Hang in there....they will get better every week!
I did the same thing. I had to buy some strong clear nail polish and polish them all the time, and keep my nails really short for a year, the nail beds looked like they would never recover, but they finally did. I will never get fake nails again.
I got fake nails once, and I shouldn't have, because I naturally have nice, strong nails anyway. When the acrylics came off, my nails were TERRIBLE! I had to wait for them to completely grow out again. I'll never get fake nails again.





My best advice would be to just trim them regularly and wait.





Good luck!
Are you sure they took off all the glue?
They will grow out and be normal again. It's because they shave off the top layer of your nail to make the glue for the acrylic nail to stick to your natural nail.
go to the beauty supply store and ask for nail glue remover it will make your nails look just like they did before the fake nails believe me I had the same problem before of yeah don't rub this stuff on soak your nails in it then buff like crazy it works
That happen to me too, I just have to let them grow out. Will never do that again.
it happened to me and all i did was let em grow it out...but keep trimming them..then never go back to that salon...and tell all ur friends as well

No comments:

Post a Comment